Monday, April 16, 2007

I guess we all sell out eventually.

Had one of the best weekends I have had in awhile which is surprsing considering the atrocious weather. Went to LaRosa's on Friday night to carb load on some spaghetti. Ran in a somewhat official 20 mile training run on Saturday morning in the cold and rain. Most of the organized teams got together to sponsor the run. Went pretty well despite the weather and thankfully that is as far as we go until the marathon in 3 weeks. Then, my fam - minus Evan, came to town. After a short visit at our house we headed to the Newport Aquarium. I haven't been there in awhile and although it was really crowded, it was great. They've crammed quite a good display there and the shark rays are pretty cool.

Then, the highlight of the weekend was going to Maggiano's in Kenwood. Most people know that I tend to avoid chain restaurants. Not because I hate them but more because there are plenty of great non-chain options in this town. However, I love the family style at Maggiano's and with the babies I thought they would be a little more accomodating than a smaller non-chain place.

They exceeded my expectations. It might have possibly been because all I ate on Saturday was a banana, a half bagel, and a couple of taquitos, (don't forget, 20 mile run) but WOW!!! they have just amazing food and with the family style they just keep it coming.... $25/person for a 5 course meal of varied selections. My mom actually said "I think it might have been the best meal I have ever had." I tend to agree with her but I think the enjoyment of a meal is more related to the friends/family you have around you than the food itself.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

it WAS a great weekend! I must admit that I was skeptical of the restaurant but I did enjoy it greatly. Especially the leftovers!

1:13 PM

 
Blogger BAS said...

Sell outs.

2:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home