Monday, January 29, 2007

Dreams

No, I'm not talking about the Van Halen song, although it is one of their best and one of the first songs I bought on Itunes. I'm talking about the things that happen in your sleep. I seldom remember any of my dreams... not sure I actually have them much. About once a quarter I remember one though and I had a doosie the other night. Obviously details are vague, and the linkages are subject to random dreamdom but here's the short of it.

I was on a trip in some form, might have been my trip to Utah and we were returning home. On the way home we stopped off to spend the night at Tony Dungy's place. Evidently he lives on a large lake and before we went to the house we were hanging out by the lake with a bunch of other lake residents. There was something going on down there, they were sorta having an HOA meeting or something but for whatever reason I started walking up the road to go back to the house which was a mile or more away. On the way a shuttle started coming up behind me, like the ones at the Kings' Island parking lot. I think Burgdorf was on it and as it came closer I realized Tony Dungy was driving it, and it wasn't exactly a shuttle, but a fighter jet. How sweet!!! Dungy is not only a great coach but he has a fighter jet that he taxis around his lake giving people rides. As I boarded on the back of the plane I noticed other fighter jets flying around, at abnormally slow speeds. Evidently it was some sort of fighter jet lake community.

Once we got to Dungy's house we checked it out but then he showed us that he has kept all of his clothes in the Mayflower moving truck out on the street because he figures at any minute he might lose his job and have to move. I think I am still suffering from the loss of Marchibroda back in the 90s.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Colts dreams are nothing new. Amy - share yours, please.

I love the combination of fighter jets and the colts. maybe you were thinking of a possible flyover before the game Sunday?

i do think I will diagnose you with Superbowl anxiety. Not a bad thing. We need to be anxious about the things we really care about. if you werent' nervous about the game i would think you didnt care...

11:05 AM

 
Blogger Jared said...

where are we watching the game sunday. i wanna watch it with cause you care and that makes it exciting for everyone else around you. i'll even root for the colts...

7:05 PM

 
Blogger Justin said...

You'll have to go to Indy because I'm watching it there with other Indy fans... probably just my fam and new nieces. You are welcome to join us but it will be a late drive back.

You're welcome to call during the game to feel the emotion, but I don't want anyone calling only when the Colts are doing poorly. I get more calls during an OSU/Purdue football game than any other time. Jenkins and Murdell are Schmucks.

8:26 AM

 
Blogger BAS said...

David Lee Roth is re-joining Van Halen. If he would have stayed around, they might have been the third best band of all time. Either way, they're behind Aerosmith and Bon Jovi.

1:56 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home