Monday, February 26, 2007

Smashing



As you can see from Jenn's blog, I moved forward with our demo on our kitchen over the weekend. Didn't do anything substantial but definitely created quite a bit of debris. At one point I didn't need a ladder anymore because I could stand on the pile. As I continue to be frustrated with plumbing quotes, or just getting them to call me back, I do cheer up when I get to acquire a new tool. I just made my Home Depot list and a crowbar is on the list for this week. I have a small flat bar that I have used extensively to rip out trim, nails, etc. with my hardwood refinishing and it was served well thus far on some of the kitchen demo but I definitely need some more torque and I'm going to get a longer, more heavy duty one like the one pictured to really go nuts this weekend.

FYI, I am most likely doing extensive demo this weekend. Getting a dumpster and everything. I would like a little help. Although there are parts that are relatively delicate, like watching not to cut through wiring, there will be a fair amount of smashing, saw-zawing (sp?) so it will be a little fun. I'm looking for 2-3 people for Saturday afternoon. Let me know if you have interest. There will be plenty of beer.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

Please note: beer will be distributed AFTER demo is complete. I WILL NOT HAVE LOOSE FINGERS/ARMS/ET CETERA ON MY KITCHEN FLOOR.

10:42 AM

 
Blogger Justin said...

We're still okay, the kitchen floor will be gone. Let the beer flow!!!

1:47 PM

 
Blogger Jared said...

i'm pretty sure kim has a baby shower saturday afternoon, so i should be free. i love to break stuff. lemme know what time you're starting and such...

6:37 PM

 
Blogger ashley said...

Yeah, count me in. Good combination heavily pregnant, manual labor, and beer.

10:36 AM

 
Blogger BAS said...

Did you say we'll be smashing or we'll be getting smashed? Reminds me of piano man Thursday nights back in nine-seven, barely making it back to the house, cranking Bon Jovi on the stereo.

5:36 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home