Monday, March 05, 2007

I love Bunn!!!


Although I do love my coffee maker, those things that hamburgers come on, and I don't really consider myself a "boob-man" despite Jenn's really nice knockers, I am talking about the man, Jared Bunn. This dude has helped me, and saved me, on numerous home improvement projects. Mainly hardwood refinishing but this past weekend he came over both days and helped with the demo on the kitchen (see Jenn's blog). Although demolishing something sounds fun, it loses it luster after about 20 minutes. Jared was a trooper and helped a ton. Thanks man!!!


Kudos to Bert and Burgdorf for their help as well. Bert helped for most of the day on Saturday and Burgdorf last hour help on Sunday was all that was keeping me going. You guys rock.


There's just a little more to do which I think I can finish off on my own but if anyone wants to have some fun, let me know. The Flooring is the main part and I do still have some small walls to remove.


Things I learned:
-Always err on the side of bigger when it comes to dumpsters. Definitely have plenty of room left but if I went one size smaller it would be tight.
-Well built houses are a pain in the butt to tear apart.
-When hitting a toilet with a sledgehammer it makes really cool sparks. Anyone know why?


Injuries:

(Luckily, I think all the injuries happened to myself and not my friends)

-Knock in the forehead with a small 2x4. Didn't hurt too bad but left a little scrap and a bit of a bump. I'm not complaining, for only about a 8" board it had no less than eight 4" nails sticking out of it. The corner that actually made contact was the only corner without a nail. Blessings
-Bloody nose from a chunk of ceiling plaster
-Minor scrapes on the arms.


I fully expect a trip to the hospital as part of this remodel so I'm pretty sure this was the most dangerous part so to emerge with no trip yet, I'm doing pretty well.

4 Comments:

Blogger amo said...

I think Justin meant to make some reference to buns on a BUTT but got sidetracked somehow... weirdo.

Its kinda gross to hear him talk about my sister that way. ew.

I got the chance to see Justy Sunday nite - he was definitely a bloody mess.

6:34 PM

 
Blogger BAS said...

Was that "bloody mess" with a British accent? Or just plain old "bloody mess"?

6:44 PM

 
Blogger Jared said...

dude it was my pleasure to help out a little bit. and you know that i'll always work for pizza and beer....

4:24 AM

 
Blogger amo said...

definitely a British accent. Definitely. The blood was minimal to the mess.

6:53 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home