Wednesday, April 12, 2006

What are we doing?!?!?


I didn't really want to communicate news like this over a blog but life is a little ridiculous right now so I don't have a better way to dissiminate.... sorry mom.

Jenn and I are under contract on a house. It's only about 2 blocks from our current house. Although it seems a little sudden, we (or at least I) have been looking into our next options for awhile.... adding on, moving to the burbs, etc. Wasn't really serious until I knew that an overseas assignment was out of the picture for me. Which it is out for the time-being.

Anyway, after some pretty heavy haggling with the owner/agent we got what I think is a pretty good deal. It needs a lot of work. Mainly a replacement of the asbestos roof, a new HVAC system, and a complete kitchen remodel. Any recos for contractors would be appreciated.

Here's the link if you want to see more pics.

http://www.sibcycline.com/viewlisting.asp?mls=980021&b=CIN&p=RESI&s=SFRD&m=1

8 Comments:

Blogger Jared said...

thats awesome man! hope it works out. i don't know if you ever saw the remodel on brad andersons kitchen at his house down in mt. lookout. our friend matt hawks did it and it looked really good. lemme know if you want his number...

4:44 AM

 
Blogger BAS said...

Pimpalicious. Let me know when you're ready for some appliances and light bulbs! Also, don't forget you can order two cheap moving dudes like I did in Boston. I can drive the truck if you need help going two blocks - I think I can handle it. Hopefully the wipers work.

4:59 AM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

that house is awesome. And you guys will make it sooooo cute

9:20 AM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

justin - you are truly awesome. thanks for working the deals. This is going to be exciting, albeit tiring!

10:24 AM

 
Blogger ashley said...

This is cute, I love it. I'm so excited for you guys. I'm offering Brian to you to hang any pictures on your new walls. He would also love to do any wiring or plumbing that needs to be done, he's super handy. :)

11:14 AM

 
Blogger BAS said...

I don't know if I can hang your pictures, but I could be your interior decorator. Don't let the picture of me shooting a gun fool you.

6:03 PM

 
Blogger sarah cool said...

Hey! This is beautiful! What a pretty lawn, too!

9:47 AM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

dude, it takes so much work to SELL a house I won't know what to do when we get into the new one! Maybe fall asleep.

4:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home