Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Nightmare last night

I don't often remember my dreams but last night I sure did. I had a dream that I was at the newly opened Dubliner (bar near my house) with Jenn and the rennovations consisted of turning it into a bar themed around boating. Decor was stupid and almost what you would see in a crappy fraternity... or cabin in a speed boat. For those of you familar with Dubliner, I was sitting in the side room just off the short part of the bar. When I realized the crappy decor in my dream I got up and saw that the bar didn't even have bar stools and no overhang to allow bar stools and it was all done in bamboo or something. I then saw the new name of the bar... Boaterboyz. Unfreaking believable. I sat back down at my table and started to cry... not sure if that physically happened or not but it definitely happened in the dream. Everything was pretty hazy after that but I do know I went home and put my house up for sale. My neighborhood was dead to me.

I should probably be the one that knows this but does anyone know when it's going to reopen? My St Patties Day plans hinge around that place being open. There is no indication on the outside yet of when the grand opening will be.

BTW, on St Patties Day I think Jenn is going to put some snacks together in the evening so folks can come over and watch me stumble back from the Dubliner and eat off the stupor. All are welcome in my opinion. That will usher in my B-day which is the next day.

7 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

YES! Everyone please come to our house for the proverbial post party. We will have plenty of snack-y type food and a really loopy Justin.

3:15 PM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

P.S. Boaterboyz. Now there's a business idea for my second career...

3:15 PM

 
Blogger Rachel said...

justin, we have the same birthday. woo hoo for day after st. pat's kids.

5:58 PM

 
Blogger Jared said...

dude, that IS a total nightmare. there aren't many cases where it's alright for a grown man to cry in public, but that would most definately be one. sign me up for the after party provided I can walk from the dubliner to your house....

4:54 AM

 
Blogger Erin said...

i'm with jared. i would have woken up crying. boaterboyz. with a "z", no less. ARGH.

I am in it to win it for the par-tay. I will not attempt to be at the Dubliner as I am scared of swarms of anything, and that includes people. But I will be chez Wilkey to see Justin stumble back.

I drove by the other day and the sign said that the Dubliner is OUR St. Patrick's Day place, or something like that. It did not say if the Dubliner is also our March 10 - 16 place or not. I suggest calling. When you call, ask them NOT to install the bamboo bar until after St. Pat's.

3:23 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

Ummmmm-Boaterboyz sounds like a name for a gay bar. To me.

8:52 PM

 
Blogger 99 Problems said...

hey dude -t hanks for having us over fri night. someday, when i havne't been at the dubliner since 11 am, i'll whoop your ass at guitar hero ;)

7:27 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home