Saturday, January 21, 2006

SLC #4

As I was acting like I enjoy dancing last night at Tropicana I longingly looked into the liquor cabinet during a Cyndi Lauper song and noticed a bottle of Knob Creek Bourbon. That reminded me of the pleasant evenings the last several nights in SLC. Crushed ice and some Knob goes down really well... let the double entrendres begin.

Saturday of Skiing consisted of some limit pushing for me. Since we were skiing with Jeff and several of his friends who ski at this mountain a couple times a week they would take us to the spots where no one else goes... including getting off the lift, taking off our skis and hiking up higher. The morning on Saturday consisted of a pretty long and difficult hike up to a bowl. Although nervous, I wasn't really worried because I had enough peeps to rescue me if there was a problem. At one point we put our skis back on to traverse along the backside of the bowl... signs indicating the boundary of the ski area were just a few feet away, and vertical, rocky, cliffs were just below. Obviously care was taken to not lose a ski or a person. Fortunately/unfortunately the wind was blowing so hard across the top of the mountain that it actually pushed us against and up the mountain. I can't really estimate wind speeds very well but I'm guessint the gusts were 40+MPH.

Once we hit the bowl of course I clipped out almost immediately but once I got going again my skills from my lesson kicked in and I at least handled the black run. I don't feel bad for doing poorly at first because Jeff somersaulted down the first part of the run.

Merph on

1 Comments:

Blogger BAS said...

That night, more Catan?

7:33 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home