Thursday, January 19, 2006

SLC Post #3

Wow, got some decent responses from the last post. I definitely had not forgotten about the infamous Paoli incident of twogeeOone, and especially the infamous goat incident of eight nine (not nine two). Don't really have enough time to expound further but let's just say that snowboarding is difficult, and aPaoli Peaks is a dangerous place to learn to ski or snowboard.

Friday of the SLC trip consisted of us looking for a place to ski a half day and then deciding just to play Catan the whole day. Tony and Jared showed up in the afternoon and Cheryl showed up later that night. The gang was all together at that point and the fun really began.

I have to talk about Cheryl a bit because her life is cool. She works for a record company and his buds with Bon Jovi (one of the two things good to come out of New Jersey) and Kanye West to name a few... literally, she pictures of her and Bahn Yavi on her camera. Probably the coolest thing about Cheryl beyond that, is that she is the first person I have met that is actually a degree closer to Kevin Bacon that I am... she's 2, I am 3. I know Meryl Streep's Nephew, and she was in "The River Wild" which makes me 3 degrees away... and by the way, makes all of you 4 degrees which makes the 6 degree thing true for you and anyone you ever meet.

Buff on,

4 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

OH my GOSH I can't believe that I am 4 degrees away from Kevin Bacon. Believe me, most people that I know will know this within, oh, 4 days. That is AWESOME

6:48 PM

 
Blogger Jared said...

i'm putting that on my resume as we speak...

4:38 AM

 
Blogger sarah cool said...

That's awesome! I'm 4 degrees away! I just told my coworkers. They didn't seem to care. Suck!

6:04 AM

 
Blogger BAS said...

I take exception to the comment that ONLY two good things have come out of NJ. I won't go into detail, but here are some great things - first brewery, first submarine, first boardwalk, first college football game, first pro basketball game, first light bulb, condensed soup, Charles Lindberg (from great town of Flemington), Frank Sinatra, Springsteen, Bon Jovi. You've got to admit, Bon Jovi may be one of the top five bands of all time. Maybe #2 all time in staying power, just below Aerosmith.

Shot through the heart
And you're to blame

9:37 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home