Friday, January 06, 2006

Why is the sky blue?

(From Left to right, Cerby (formerly our dog, now my mo-in-law's) Jenn, and Frank.)



Since no one seemed to be able to handle even a slightly deep thought I figured I'd throw something out there that is easier. "Why is the sky blue?" This isn't a deep question, I actually did a science fair project on it back in eight-five but I can't remember... I did really bad on it. Should have done a volcano or something.

I was also just about to send my blog link out to a few people (Phantom Regiment buddies) so I wanted to post something else so I could add a slightly better picture than the one from the last post....

4 Comments:

Blogger Heidi said...

I do believe that the sky is blue because of the water in the air. At least, that's what I would tell a child if it asked me.

5:44 PM

 
Blogger BAS said...

I believe it is blue simply because of the wavelengths of light - blue light is scattered by molecules of O and N more efficiently than most other colors. Although really if the human eye worked better the sky would be purple. Purple is the shortest wavelength but our eyes don't have receptors to pick it up as well as blue/red/green. This was all discovered by scientist Ivana Kutchukokoff in the 19th century.

8:19 PM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

How much would that ROCK if the sky were purple?

9:11 AM

 
Blogger Erin said...

Actually, the sky is blue, because if it were green, you wouldn't know when to stop mowing your lawn.

This makes me laugh every time. It was one of my brother's favorite little jokes when we were younger. :)

-Erin

7:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home