Tuesday, January 17, 2006

SLC Trip Post #1










Sorry I haven't posted in awhile. I was on vacation to Salt Lake City to ski and hang out with some friends. I figure I'll recap the trip here over the next few days so check back in.

I left Wednesday the 11th after working a half day. My friend Scott and I were on the same flight out of Indy so we left just after lunchtime to make our 4pm flight. We were running a little late after I dropped a 12 pack of Wiedemann that I planned to take out with me to SLC, which leaked all over the floor. I almost teared up when I saw the precious nectar being wasted but at least it isn't very expensive.

Scott drove fast so we made it in plenty of time. Arrived in SLC early in the evening and the fun began. I was staying with a friend, Jeff, who moved out there a few years ago. There were several of us coming out at various times. Burgdorf showed earlier in the week but when Scott and I arrived the real fun began. We played a new game Jeff had bought, " Settlers of Catan." It's sorta like Risk meets Lewis and Clark and Warren Buffett.



It took us about 3 hours but it was very fun.

The next morning.... well, I'll leave that post until tomorrow.

PS - How the merph to you post a picture in the middle of your text?

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

I think the best part about your vacation is that you are home now. :-) No really, so glad you got to do some sweet skiing, cigar smoking, and playing of your weird game whatever the merph it is. BTW I think inserting pics inside a post depends on the style of your template. I can never get them where I want them...

3:54 PM

 
Blogger BAS said...

I'm still trying to sort out the part about Risk meeting Lewis and Clark and Warren Buffett. But on the topic of games, an old game from around the days of eight-five popped into my head today. Does anyone remember Simon? I can't believe some spank made a few mill inventing this thing. If you don't remember, check it out here -www.ebaumsworld.com/simon.html.

5:56 PM

 
Blogger Heidi said...

I usually just cut and paste the picture where I want it...

8:03 PM

 
Blogger sarah cool said...

my pictures always end up at the top of my post - i just copy and paste them into the right place.

9:54 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home