Thursday, April 27, 2006

Stress?

Haven't posted in awhile so I figured I'd better get something out there. You can pretty well keep up with my life through Jenn's posts anyway. The last couple of weeks have been spent with house buying and selling stuff. Unbelievable how much it takes to sell a house. Our house is in pretty good shape but we still had many hours of minor things to clean up and fix. It looks awesome though, and Jenn deserves the bulk of the credit. It's really weird for me to live in a state of pristineness though. Stark contrast to the days of mounds of clothes in college.

Other than that, not much new. I do have to admit that this is about as stressed as I have ever been. We close on our new house on the 12th and so at that point I will own 2 1/3 houses (the rental, the current and the future) within a quarter mile of each other.

Had an offer on the rental that didn't go through. Would have been nice to have been done with that process but the person wasn't quite giving enough. Unfortunately, showings have slowed down there, and they are non-existent on our house. That's what has me freaked a little. It's a constant second-guessing myself... "Have we priced our houses right?" "Should I have made the purchase contingent on the sell of my house?" "What if we sit on these houses for 6 months or even a year?"

I think the real thing that freaks me out is that we can handle the money but there is no hiding the fact that the reason we bought the new place was to pave the road for kids and the money that will go to the holding costs is just borrowing from the kid adoption fund. I know God will get it all worked out, just have to be faithful.

Strange for me to be stressed though. Particularly on something like this. It's my guideline to never be stressed about something I can't control and this stuff is definitely out of my control. I guess I'm just worried I made the wrong decisions and my wife and family are going to pay the price for it.

2 Comments:

Blogger BAS said...

Nothing is more stressful than moving, in my opinion. Not getting married, not having a kid, not anything. Maybe losing a job would be more stressful, but fortunately I have not had that happen to me yet.

6:19 PM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

I think you are handling it gracefully. Nothing is worse than having to worry about $$. Its terrifying to think our house won't sell, but I'm just trying to be hopeful. We have a great place, someone great will fall in love with it.

4:03 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home