Wednesday, May 16, 2007

What the buff????

All right, I started utilizing the web service, Linked In. At first I thought it was kind of spammy so I avoided it. You get invites from people that want to add you to their network. My first few were from people that left P&G and I figured they just wanted to stay connected to leverage as business opportunities in their new jobs. Well, I started getting them from more ligit folks, Fuji included, so I signed up. I realized a ton of friends actually use it so I started adding people as a means to stay in touch. I recommend it to anyone on here too. It really makes you start considering how far you are from Kevin Bacon... man, I should get Curt Gummer on here so we can prove the connection... He's Meryl Streep's nephew that I know that puts me 3 from Kevin, and therefore all of you only 4, and anyone you meet, 5... so everyone is 6 degrees from Kevin Bacon. I digress.



But what the buff, I was looking at Fuji's connections and saw the screenshot below.


Yup, that is my name in the middle... but, that is my wife's name and then my mom's name on his connections. Freaking A!!! Neither of them are on my connections!!! Jenn, I can sorta understand, they at least talk on occasion. But come on Mom!!! I'm your freaking son. At least send me an invite?

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger BAS said...

LinkedIn lets you introduce people. Let me know if you want me to introduce your wife or your mom to you. They are some nice people, I highly recommend having them in your network. BUFF!

McFly

10:04 AM

 
Blogger Jenn said...

FUNNY!
I didn't know you were on this site. I just got the invite from Fuji, then ignored it, then got about 1200 more emails asking me to join, so I caved.


p.s. I love how you now have a post label "major shaft."

10:47 AM

 
Blogger amo said...

I have NO IDEA what this weird networking site is about - and I DON'T want to be involved.

so many strange things on this here internet thing.

8:48 AM

 
Blogger BAS said...

I noticed you have a guy named Brian Cox on your list. How come he didn't list the New York Jets as one of his former employers?

9:56 AM

 
Blogger Erin said...

i am sitting in a conference room cracking up laughing at this. also, i just joined linkedIn today, randomly and unrelated to your post. Weird.

2:11 PM

 
Blogger BAS said...

http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007705280383

9:38 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home