Monday, August 13, 2007

You really get on my last Ulnar Nerve




Well, we did it… and I do mean “WE”. We have all the floor tile laid which is/was an amazing physical feat and would not have been accomplished without a lot of help. Amy and Paul came over on Friday night and helped me finish laying the concrete board and start the first coat of paint. Thanks Owenizzles.

Saturday morning my old neighbor, Mark, came over and ended up staying all day, which included skipping a shopping trip for new furniture with his family, and helped out tremendously. We wrapped up ~4pm to head to the Weiner Dog Nationals and we had about ½ of the floor down… but getting started is always the hardest part so we felt about 2/3 complete.

Mark then emerged from the back gate of our yard on Sunday morning also, unplanned, and we laid the last tile at ~3pm. In plenty of time to make it to church. This is such a HUGE blessing. Mark was/is a huge help and although I know he loves doing this stuff, he does have a family and better things to do than spend the weekend with us. No more stress about having room to store the cabinets…. And the most important part, it looks amazing!!! The large tile (20”) was definitely the way to go, despite being a little harder to install. Plus, the tile we chose just looks awesome which is surprising since it was the cheapest one we came across. So now, this week we’ll just finish up the painting, at least the ceiling, and grout the tile in plenty of time for the cabinet delivery. Wahoo.

In other related things, it appears I have developed Guyon’s Canal Syndrome. I felt the tingling in my little finger and ring finger on my left hand before but today I finally looked it up… I have been worried I had some sort of mini heart attack or something but the symptoms are pretty clear…. Its no big whoop, what I think is cool though is that I figured this out on the internet. I tried WebMD first which isn’t bad and it mentioned this and 20 other things, but then I just Googled “Numbness in pinky and ring finger” and found the website above instantly. Looks like it will go away once I quit doing all this work but tiling on my palms all day I’m sure aggravated it. The internet is amazing.

5 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

wow, that is so weird. This means you have at least 3 hand injuries due to this project:

major blister
branding of pointer finger
ulnar nerve problem

You are doing a wonderful job babe. I'm so proud of you.

6:36 AM

 
Blogger amo said...

you guys rock. I am glad we could help Friday, but geeze, I was so tired and grumpy I felt like more of a pain than a help. Hopefully we will be able to help more before it is all done. The tile looks FANTASTIC on Jenn's blog. amazing. Its funny, I watched a clip on the Today show about people self-diagnosing on the internet, and how 9 times out of 10 they are WRONG. If it keeps bothering you, you may want to go to the doc.

9:24 AM

 
Blogger ashley said...

Ah yes, the self diagnosis via the internet. I am well familar with this method of hypochondriac feeding.

9:52 AM

 
Blogger BAS said...

Fuji surpassed me as a hypochondriac back in oh-one. I have only looked up one health topic in the past seven years and that was kidney stone - after I was already diagnosed by a professional and some tests.

10:11 AM

 
Blogger Erin said...

Weird. I have that same tingling sometimes just while typing at my desk. The amount of things you can do to jack up your hands and arms is amazing, really.

6:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home