Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm getting closer

I know it's been a year plus since I posted so I expect no one will read this so this is really just for me. For weeks, I have been puzzled by a strange occurrence in the restroom at work. In the prime stall (next to the wall, and furthest from the urinals) most mornings I find that there are 12-18 squares of toilet paper in the corner of the stall behind the toilet. I am having a hard time understanding why this happens, and probably more importantly who does it. Who is this freak that throws toilet paper on the floor and doesn't just flush it... weird.

I've been keeping a mental tally trying to use process of elimination to pinpoint the culprit but I need to start recording it here so I don't lose track. I've been paying attention to when I see the papers and then noting who is on vacation or out of the office which means they are certainly not the perpetrators. So far it's not:

John
Jay
Me
Fuad

Unfortunately, this restroom services a large area including many folks I do not know so my investigation is going to have to get a little more invasive soon. My real hope is that I'll catch the person in the act which seems to happen sometime before 9:30am most days. As you can imagine, considering proper restroom/urinal etiquette that must be followed, this will be difficult. Regardless, I must perservere and solve this mystery.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jenn said...

um, by some kind of weird twist of fate I actually saw that you updated today. WEIRD. I wasn't even looking, you are just on Erin's blogroll, and it gives the latest update. This is a VERY weird occurence in the bathroom.

I have to ask, are the tp sheets USED, or just tossed on the floor???

Seems like someone may have OCD...

1:54 PM

 
Blogger BAS said...

I've been checking this blog like five times a day for years now, waiting for this time to finally arrive.

Here is my theory on the case of the corner TP ... Someone puts TP on the seat as a seat cover, as not to pick up any butt germs. When they get up from the toilet, the TP sticks to their legs/butt, then falls off to the floor. No one wants to touch the paper on the floor, so it just gets kicked to the back corner.

As to WHO is doing it, that is quite another story. But I would say that one leading indicator might be any individual who uses a lot of hand sanitizer, i.e. a germ freak.

4:19 PM

 
Blogger Erin said...

I'm with B on this theory. Keep us updated.

10:11 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home